Root canal therapy can save a tooth that has became severely decayed or infected.
Signs and Symptoms that you may need root canal therapy:
- Extreme sensitivity to hot and cold
- Pain that wakes you up in the middle of the night
- Spontaneous pain even when you're not eating or drinking
- Toothache that worsens when pressure is applied or when eating
- Recurring swelling of the gums
For most patients, a root canal can be performed in a single visit. Our pre-treatment preparation ensures that both the tooth and the affected area are fully anesthetized for the entire procedure. In most cases, once the tooth is repaired we recommend protecting it with a porcelain crown to prevent fracture.